APPNA MERIT is launching a collaborative Blended Learning program targeted towards General Practitioners in Pakistan to provide an overview of Speciality topics in a structured fashion with active learning. The program will build upon ongoing foundational programs for GPs in Pakistan by giving higher level education on specialty medicine. The program will try to imitate specialty rotations during Family Medicine residency where a trainee is exposed to teaching and practice in various fields to enhance their primary care practice.Register Now
To Provide General Practitioners (GPs) in Pakistan with ‘virtual Speciality rotations’ with active learning through online Sessions, assignments and discussions by specialists from Pakistan and abroad; complementing basic workshops and certificate courses offered in Pakistan for GPs to bridge the gap of speciality care, especially in underserved areas.
These programs will be designed as 6-8 weeks blocks in various specialities such as cardiology, neurology, psychiatry, emergency medicine etc. Each week we will have one hour live session followed by assignments for the week. Each live session will have problem based learning (case based learning) as well as panel interaction and Q&A.
The program has been designed in close collaboration with National Family Medicine Committee of Pakistan, Australian Association of Pakistani Professionals (AAPP), Association of Pakistani Physicians of Northern Europe (APPNE) and Association of Pakistani Physicians and Surgeons of UK (APPS UK) as well as Heads of Family Medicine departments in Pakistan and MERIT committee members.
This course is designed to:
1. Provide knowledge, skills and values in medical specialties necessary for a general practitioner
2. It is structured as online active learning modules including webinars, interactive learning and assessments, delivered by various specialists from Pakistan and abroad
3. The course is aimed at complementing and linking with courses offered by various institutions in Pakistan.
4. With preference for the GPs working in underserved areas in Pakistan
5. It is a collaboration between various diaspora and Pakistani organizations
At the End of this Activity Participants would be able to:
1. Describe specialists' approach to various common conditions seen and treated by Primary Care Physicians
2. Discuss differences in a specialist approach to management of common conditions seen by Primary Care Physicians
3. Implement evidence based medicine and guidelines in management of common conditions seen in Primary Care
4. Appropriately identify patients who need referral to specialists
The webinars will runs every Saturday at 10 AM EST and 7 PM Pakistan time starting from October 3rd, 2020.
Register yourself if already not using below link: http://bit.ly/meritfp After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you missed the previous recordings, please check all webinar videos here: Click here Subscribe the channel to see more videos.